WELCOME

aYurp

mario

himself

himself

Monday, June 7, 2010

reflection 3

Recently i saw the documentary movie Religulous by Bill Maher. In the movie, Maher goes all around the world and explains his side on religion. He states he is not a believer, but also not a disbeliever. He says he is simply a doubter. He doesnt see why there would be such a concept which has costs millions of lives in war and conflict. He doesnt understand why there would be symmetry in divine occurances over times of thousands of years unless people were making it up. He doubts the missing ideas in religion on the miracles too.
i thought this movie was very interesting. I am not very religous myself, although i want to say i believe in a higher presence. I also speculate the idea or fundamentalists in religion. I always wondered why a god would care about certain things that did no harm whatsoever to anyone, but rather embraced his creatures. I dont understand why god would have such humanly emotions such as jealousy. I have gone to church about fifty times in my life. This is usually on major holidays and due to the fact that my uncle is a preacher. My dad believes in certain higher presence, but he has his own thing going. I also think that Maher has a good point about religion causing conflict. Why would we want authority which makes someone want to kill hundreds of people for their god. It just never made sense to me, and i guess that is why i am lacking the religous side.

No comments:

Post a Comment