WELCOME

aYurp

mario

himself

himself

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Which political party are you most closely aligned with?

I would consider myself more closely aligned with the Democratic party, although I have not paid much attention to politics before. Though when certain ideas are brought up, I have always been fervent in my beliefs. These beliefs Ive had, had more than not been aligned with democrats. I think this is due to the idea that Democrats tend to be more socially liberal, which i believe is far and honest way to approach things. With a conservative, republican societies, certain aspects would be banned or frowned upon, even though the whole story is not known. Such ideas are like that of abortion. I believe that abortion should be legal. I'm not saying that it is okay to have an abortion everytime a woman becomes stupidly pregnant, for such an idea should not be taken lightly, but i do say that someone should not have to live with such a regret or mistake, say if she was raped or something. The choice should be ultimately up to the citizen. No one should have to go through their life without the justice and freedom to be as happy as possible. Also, another problem, is that gay marriage is frowned upon mostly from republicans. This also makes no sense to me. In the land of the free, it should not matter what someone else is doing to make themselves happy as long as they do not hurt you. The idea of wanting to stop someone else's happiness is sinful. Also, Democrats believe in economics from the bottom up. The idea is the economy will improve if the people at the bottom do better. This leads to the welfare system, minimum wage, and universal health care. This method makes more sense to me than a top down system. Along these lines, i find myself more associated with the beliefs of democrats.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your points on abortion and gay marriage. I also do not think that it is okay for women to purposefully kill their babies, but if they were raped and they had no say in it then they should not be forced to keep the baby.
    Also, I know gay marriage goes against some religions, but I also do not understand why it should be illegal when it makes some people happy. As long as the couple is not harming anyone else and they're happy, why should it matter?

    ReplyDelete